Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Virginia Home! Volunteers are truly an integral part of our organization and provide essential services and loving care to our 130 residents. Please take a moment to read the following guidelines prior to completing the application:
- The minimum age to volunteer at The Virginia Home (TVH) is 16, unless accompanied at all times by an adult.
- Anyone committing to volunteer one or more hours per week will be required to have an annual TB test. This test is administered by TVH nursing staff at no charge to the volunteer. If you have had a TB test in the last twelve months, or if you prefer to be tested by your own physician, you may provide a copy of the results to TVH in lieu of being tested by our staff.
- Weekend and evening assignments are limited to experienced volunteers only. If you desire to volunteer on Saturday, Sunday, or after 5pm, you will be required to first complete 6 hours of supervised training during regular business hours.
- Participation in some programs requires additional training conducted by TVH staff.
- Your talents are the best gifts you can share! If none of our current programs match your interests, then consider developing a custom program of your own. Contact the Director of Volunteer Services to discuss your ideas.